This double fronted masonry cottage dates back to the 1850’s, Built for the Reverend John Browning its original usage was as a small schoolhouse, the property has undergone many transformations since those early times. To note is
major renovation undertaken in the mid 80’s and further restyled by the current owner whom has resided at the property for
the past 17 years. This cottage sits very comfortable among its Gawler St neighbours and exudes charm and Character with loads of street appeal. Stepping inside the 2 bedrooms are situated at the front of the property, one with a walk in robe the other with a built in robe. Further along the passage and to the left is the space saving bathroom laundry with separate w.c.
To the right is the functional modern kitchen with tiled floor and wide bench tops, and gas cooking . The dinning/sitting areas are awash with an abundance
of sunshine streaming in through the large north facing
windows and in particular the bay window with its decorative wooden shutters, high grade floating timber flooring has been used in these areas. Outside the private courtyard presents enough garden to occupy any green thumb and the property has a single lock up garage with direct access via the rear courtyard. A split system takes care of the heating and to assist with the energy efficiencies of the property a 9 panel solar system has been installed along with a solar assisted gas hot water system.
This well matained property would be ideally suited to someone looking to downsize or
alternatively would make a fantastic holiday rental given its proximity to all the delights of central Portland.
Inspection by appointment, Talk to an agent today.